Please read the policies on permitted items allowable into the Penn Relay Carnival for 2013.
The University of Pennsylvania Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has issued the following guidelines in conjunction with the Penn Relays. The following guidelines will be strictly enforced:
- Backpacks and large bags (gym bags, duffel bags, etc.) WILL NOT be permitted into Franklin Field or the Relay Carnival Village for spectators.
- Participants (athletes, coaches, team medical personnel) WILL be permitted to bring in backpacks; these bags will be thoroughly checked, and will only be allowed invia the designated participant entrances.
- ALL bags containing food must be smaller than 12" x12" x 6" and in clear plastic bags. Sealed plastic water bottles and cardboard juice boxes are permitted inside the clear plastic bags.
- Coolers, glass bottles and cans will NOT be permitted to be brought into the Penn Relays.
- Animals are not permitted except service animals.
- Contraband items such as weapons, flag poles, sticks, and other poles are not permitted.
- Barbeque items and any open flames are not permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted in Franklin Field, per City of Philadelphia code.
- Penn Athletics is working with Penn’s Division of Public Safety which is responsible for the security of the event. The Division of Public Safety will have police and security personnel at every entrance (including athlete entrances) to thoroughly check and wand contents of bags and your person as you enter the Penn Relays.
- This procedure will take time, so please allow for ample time to get into the facility each day. This goes for athletes, as well; participants should plan ahead to ensure ample time to clerk for races.
The Penn Relays is the largest international sporting event in the United States this year. We hope you understand the necessary security adjustments, and that you are aware your safety is important to us. We appreciate your cooperation. Enjoy the Relays!