Please read the policies on permitted items allowable into the Penn Relay Carnival for 2014.
The University of Pennsylvania’s Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has issued the following guidelines in conjunction with the Penn Relays that will be strictly enforced:
- Clear plastic bags, like one gallon clear plastic freezer bags, containing food smaller than 12" x6" x 12". Sealed plastic water bottles and cardboard juice boxes are permitted inside the clear plastic bags.
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand but not larger than 4.5" x 6.5", may be carried into the stadium in addition to clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- A blanket over your arms.
- Fabric cushions only that do not impede access
- Binoculars and/or camera around your neck or in your hands without the case.
- Service dogs only that aid guests with disabilities
- Backpacks and large bags (gym bags, duffel bags, etc.) for spectators.
- Metal or large seat cushions and or backs
- Coolers, glass bottles and cans
- Weapons of any kind
- All poles/sticks
- Barbeque items and any open flames
- Smoking per City of Philadelphia code
- Video cameras and the use of video capable cell phones
- Ticket scalping
- Abusive, foul or disruptive language or clothing
- Throwing Objects
- Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
- Any other item or action deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Penn Athletics is working with Penn’s Division of Public Safety which is responsible for the security of the event. The Division of Public Safety will have police and security personnel at every entrance (including athlete entrances) to thoroughly check and wand contents of bags and your person as you enter the Penn Relays.
This procedure will take time, so please allow for ample time to get into the facility each day. The Penn Relays is the largest international sporting event in the United States this year. We hope you understand the necessary security adjustments, and that you are aware your safety is important to us. We appreciate your cooperation. Enjoy the Relays!